There are many good reasons to invest in solar PV or Wind for your home:
- Protection from the ever rising cost of electricity
- The Feed in Tariff (FIT) payments for the majority of applicants are tax free, providing a viable return on your investment
- Receive an export tariff for the energy you feed back into the grid
- Generate your own free electricity
- Reduce your carbon footprint
ALL OF OUR SOLAR INSTALLATIONS COME WITH A 10 YEAR WARRANTY AS STANDARD
Because of factors such as roof size, property location, aspect and shading factor, every installation is different. Below is a typical example of costs and payback.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
An EPC is now required in order to gain the FIT payment. Homes with a D banding or above are eligible. We offer a free EPC assessment for our customers, which indpendently could cost up to £100.
If your home does not achieve the D banding then we can offer solutions to increase your energy performance.
Solar PV Payback Examples
Calculations based upon year one of a 5.25kW system* producing 4507kwh per year – south facing roof, 30 degree pitch (assumed import electricity cost of 13p, FIT payments of 16p and a 50% export income at 4.5p).
|Standard Installed System Cost||£7,591.28 (including 5% VAT)|
|Total Benefit for Year 1||£1047|
* Using 21 x JA Solar 250w solar panels and a SMA 5000TL-20 inverter
Request a free quotation
Abel Energy will be pleased to provide a free, no-obligation survey.Visit our request a free quotation page or call our team on 01953 884486.