Our CHP (Combined Heat and Power) Systems willimprove your energy efficiency while providing anadditional 20-year income stream through the government’s RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive) Program. CHP benefits for enhanced capital allowance in year 1 and provides exemption from the Climate Change Levy.
Hospitals and schools have an almost continual demand for heat and constant pressure to keep overheads as low as possible. Converting to a biomass CHP not only reduces fuel costs, but also provides an income from the RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive), improves your carbon footprint and reduces the reliance on fossil fuels. Biomass CHP provides a guaranteed return on investment, supported by the Government RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive) and ROCs (Renewables Obligation Certificates), plus the ability to claim under your annual investment allowance.
Plumbing requirements are similar to oil or gas, meaning that biomass can usually be connected into the existing systems.
Benefits of biomass CHP:
- Cleaner than gas, oil and LPG
- Reduced fuel costs
- Overall reduction in cost of energy, due to a more efficient use of fuel
- Flexible and responsive – thermal energy (hot or cold) can be stored and delivered later
- Protection from gas and oil price increases
- Carbon neutral fuel
- Useful as an education tool and for Public Relations and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes
- 5 year paybacks can be achieved