Energy intensive equipment and processes means that manufacturing is a sector that uses the most power. Installing a Bosch CHP system could not only reduce fuel costs, but also improve your company’s carbon footprint and supply chain requirements, and stimulate growth through a reduction in overheads.
In particular, a Bosch Gas CHP system is beneficial where pre-heating of water is required, for example in breweries, distilleries and food processing.
Bosch CHP units deliver a fast return on investment in several ways:
- Improved energy efficency, therfore reducing the requirment ro purchase energy from utility companies.
- Locally generating electricity with a Bosch gas powered CHP is more cost-effective than buying mains electricity as the cost of mains gas is considerably lower.
- Tax benefits: fuel inputs to CHP are exempt from the Climate Change Levy (CCL)*
- Bosch CHP plant and machinery is eligible for Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECA)*
- Carbon Allowance: qualifies for favourable allocations under Phase II of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS)*
- Business Rate Exemption: Bosch CHP power generation plant and machinery is exempt from Business Rates*.
*Benefit depends on achieving certain CHPQA quality CHP statuses